Okinawa comprises hundreds of islands with its capital and transport hub in Naha. Well known for its subtropical climate, beautiful coral reefs, home to a rich variety of marine wildlife and the unique Ryukyuan culture, Okinawa provides travelers distinctly different forms of enjoyable experiences from those in mainland Japan.
We have planned an itinerary well, listed up domestic air fare deals, hotel booking rewards and
exclusive discount on car rental for you to explore around this Japan's southernmost prefecture.
Be inspired by this 4-day-3-night fly-drive itinerary around Okinawa's Main Island and Miyako Island, the prefecture's largest island with beautiful white sandy beaches.
- Car rental at Naha Airport
- Lunch - Popular Steak House near Churaumi
- Nakijin Castle Remains
- Kouri Bridge
- Heart Rock in Kouri Island
- Dinner & hotel stay - resort coastline of Onna Village
The Nakijin castle served as the seat of the northern kings before the island was united into the Ryukyu Kingdom in the 15th century.
Kouri Island, which is easily accessible by car from Okinawa's main island, is called Love Island by the locals. Find the two rocks there to form the romantic Heart Rock.
- Cape Manzamo
- Sefa-utaki (historical sacred space of Okinawan religion)
- Lunch - Okinawa-style seaside cafe
- Ryukyu Glass Village
- Dinner & hotel stay - Around Naha Kokusai Dori
Sefa-utaki is an historical sacred space of the indigenous Okinawan religion. This Okinawa's World Heritage site is on the hillside along the ocean and features several rock formations.
The unique Ryukyu glass reflects the beauty of Okinawa's abundant nature. Try to make your own Ryuku glassware at Ryukyu Glass Village, the largest glass factory in Okinawa Japan.
- Car return at Naha Airport
- JTA flight from Naha to Miyako (approx. 1 hour)
- Car rental at Miyako Airport
- Kuninaka Shokudo
- Miyakojima Kaichu Koen (Underwater Observatory)
- Sunayama beach
- Irabu-ohashi Bridge
- Dinner & hotel stay - Hirara Port
Well known for its fine white sand and clear blue waters, Sunayama Beach is one of Miyako's most beautiful beaches, with its symbol of the arch shaped rock naturally formed by centuries of crashing waves.
Connecting Miyako Island and Irabu Island, Irabu-ohashi Bridge is longest toll-free bridge in Japan providing breathtaking sceneries while you are driving across it.
- Maipari Tropical Fruit Park
- Lunch - Rakuen no Kajitsu of Kurima Island
- Higashi Hennazaki Lighthouse
- Car return at Miyako Airport
- JTA flight from Miyako to Naha
- (*JTA direct flight from Miyako to Tokyo Haneda is also available.)
As the gift from Okinawa's nature, Okinawa fruit has a wide variety of the tropical options and loved by most locals. On the southern island of Miyakojima, you may find a tropical fruit park to try them out including the most notable Okinawa mango.
Higashi-Hennazaki is the southeastern cape of triangle shaped Miyako. At the tip of the two kilometer long, narrow peninsula stands a handsome lighthouse.
- *Images and descriptions data shown on the map are driven from Google Maps.
- *All spot, route and flight information are for reference only and subject to change.
Take advantage of our SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fares to save more on your domestic travel in Japan. The earlier you book, the greater the discount we offer.
- *Extra direct flights between Tokyo (Haneda) to Miyako (JTA023/JTA024) are added on July 16, 18, 19, 23, 25, 26, 2017.
Fare examples (one-way)
|Route||75 days before
|55 days before
|45 days before
|28 days before
|Ultra SAKITOKU||Super SAKITOKU||SAKITOKU Type B||SAKITOKU Type A|
- *Passenger Facility Charge will be added to fares for flights departing from and arriving at Haneda, Narita, Chubu and Kitakyushu Airports. Fare amount may change without notice. For details, please check Notification of ticket handling (for purchased ticket).
- *The fare (lowest and highest) examples listed above are effective for the dates provided regardless the actual seat or fare availability.
- *The number of available seats is limited. The discount fare may not be applicable on some routes, flights and dates.
- *SAKITOKU Fares are not applicable for the following routes: Okinawa - Kita Daito / Minami Daito, Kita Daito - Minami Daito, Miyako - Tarama, Ishigaki - Yonaguni.
Please check the fare regulations for more details about the required reservation and purchase deadlines for different departure dates.
Fare deals available up to 21 days before departure
Spontaneous trip? Relax. Here is the fare deal available up to 21 days before departure.
Book your hotel stay on our partner sites, get your every stay rewarded with JMB miles.
Earn 1 JMB mile for every ¥200 of the accomodation charge.
Hire a car for more flexible mobility on ground and maximize your enjoyable time
with friends or family. Check out the hot offer exclusive for JAL passengers.
Earn 1 JMB mile for every ¥100 spent on the rental charge.